Jaye L. Knight’s new novella, Half-Blood, has been released! Learn more about this prequel story to Ilyon Chronicles and make sure you also enter the tour giveaway at the bottom!
About the Book
The gasps and murmuring grew. Though some were hardly more than whispers, clear words reached Jace’s ears—dangerous, monster, animal, soulless. He tried to back away from their accusing eyes, but the collar pulled hard against his throat and held him in place.
For all his years as a slave, Jace has known nothing but the hatred people hold for his mixed blood—one half human, the other half the blood of a race considered monsters. Always, he is the outsider and quickly learns it is better to keep to himself. But, when his volatile ryrik blood leads him to do the unthinkable, he is thrown into a world of violence and bloodshed.
Forced to become a gladiator, Jace finds more and more of his heart dying as his master works to break down his will not to become the monster everyone believes he is. When a stranger interferes with his master’s harsh punishment, Jace’s world is upended yet again. But with it comes the possibility of hope that has long since died. Could the man possibly hold the key to escaping the hopeless darkness that is Jace’s life? Is there such a thing as life beyond the cruelty of slavery?
See where Jace’s story all began . . .
Haven’t discovered the world of Ilyon yet? Find out more at the official Ilyon Chronicles website!
About the Author
Jaye L. Knight is an award-winning author, homeschool graduate, and shameless tea addict with a passion for Christian fantasy. Armed with an active imagination and love for adventure, Jaye weaves stories of truth, faith, and courage with the message that even in the deepest darkness, God’s love shines as a light to offer hope. She has been penning stories since the age of eight and resides in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.
You can connect with Jaye on her website, blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Etsy, and on her new fiction forum where you can interact with other readers of the series.
Share in the excitement of the release and enter to win a themed giveaway pack! Prizes include an autographed copy of Half-Blood, a blue feather bookmark hand crafted by Jaye, a bronze sword pendant, and a $5 Amazon gift card! (Giveaway is open to US residents only. Cannot be shipped internationally.)
Tuesday, July 14
- Tour Introduction at Jaye L. Knight
- Review and Author Interview at 26 Countless Possibilites
- Review and Author Interview at Lianne Taimenlore
- Review and Author Interview at Crumpets ‘n’ Cream
- Review at Tialla’s Tellings
Wednesday, July 15
- Review at The Destiny of One
- Book Spotlight at One Servant’s Heart
- Review and Author Interview at Leah’s Bookshelf
- Review and Author Interview at Red Lettering
- Review and Author Interview at Zerina Blossom’s Books
Thursday, July 16
- Review and Author Interview at Sutori no Hana
- Review and Author Interview at Scattered Journal Pages
- Review and Author Interview at The Splendor Falls on Castle Walls
- Author Interview at A Writer’s Faith
- Review and Author Interview at writinganyone
Friday, July 17
- Review and Author Interview at Written Rest
- Book Spotlight at Tell Tale Book Reviews
- Review and Author Interview at The Pen of a Ready Writer
- Review and Author Interview at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
- Review at Poetree
Saturday, July 18
- Review at A Writer’s Heart
- Review at Reality Calling
- Author Interview at The Art of Storytelling
- Book Spotlight at Thilly Little Nothings
Sunday, July 19
- Review at Through My Lens
- Review at Elvish Pens, Fantastical Writings
- Book Spotlight at Letters from Annie Douglass Lima
- Review at bookend
Monday, July 20
- Review at Pencils Can Change the World
- Review at Backing Books
- Review at Melody Jackson, Author
- Book Spotlight and Author Interview at In the Character’s Shadow
Tuesday, July 21
- Review at A Vintage Girl in the Modern World
- Book Spotlight at However Improbable
- Review at God’s Peculiar Treasure Rae
- Review and Author Interview at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections
Wednesday, July 22